5.09.2012

I got response from Veerle Pieters



Veerle Pieters, she is a graphic/web designer based in DeinzeBelgium. Starting in '92 as a freelance graphic designer, Veerle worked on print design before focussing more on webdesign and GUI (since '96). She runs her own design studio Duoh! together with Geert Leyseele. Veerle has been blogging since 2003 and is considered number 39 on the list of "NxE's Fifty Most Influential 'Female' Bloggers". Her blog: http://veerle.duoh.com/.Twitter to follow Veerle Pieters (@vpieters)


I received her email later than the PP2 submission, and couldn't put it into my Live network list. But her advices about the user interface design is really helpful, so I just wanna show it on my blog.


She had a quick look at my web site. There is a lot of things that could use some fixing. For example there isn't a lot of breathing space between the text and pictures. My visited links are a bit dark so her don't read it very well anymore. The dates are in a weird position too. The rusty color I use to explain the screenshots is totally unreadable. She would recommend that my browse around some quality web site galleries such as http://www.cssbeauty.com/ for example and study how they apply colors and lay-out.
For the rest she would recommend reading some of these books to get a better understanding about web design. The lists of the books show in the image below.

No comments:

Post a Comment